Who: Open to all students.
What: The National PTA Reflections program is America’s oldest and largest arts education program of its kind. The Reflections program provides an opportunity for students to create original artwork, reflecting on a specific theme, and receive recognition in six different areas.
Each year, students are recognized for bringing the theme to life through film production, dance choreography, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. The theme for this year is “Believe, Dream, Inspire.”
All submissions require an artist interpretation statement explaining the piece and its connection to the theme. Entries without artist statements will be disqualified. All entries must have a title, artist statement and be accompanied with the student entry form.
When: Watch for updates. A new contest is held each school year and we give students lots of opportunities to get involved and showcase their talents.
All students are eligible to submit entries in the following categories:
- Dance Choreography Original choreographed dance composition not to exceed 5 minutes
- Film Production Fiction/non-fiction, with or without sound, not to exceed 5 minutes. Student must include storyboard and be director, screenwriter, editor and camera person.
- Literature Fiction, non-fiction, prose, poetry and drama not to exceed 2,000 words.
- Photography Black-and-white or color image, or a group of images, produced by a photographic process.
- Musical Composition Voice, instruments or combination of both not to exceed 5 minutes.
- Visual Arts Print, drawing, painting, collage, photographic collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work or computer generated (no 3-D artwork, lamination or glitter)
To see a gallery of past winners: http://www.ptareflections.org